Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Las Vegas

As an early present to ourselves for our anniversary (May 29), Audrey and I flew to Las Vegas this past weekend to party with some friends and just have some "us" time. We didn't do too much gambling but we did eat a lot. I even brought along some of my photo gear so we could do a mini photo session for ourselves.

Virgin America is awesome!


I get a little antsy after sitting for a few hours but luckily, our flight had wi-fi available. Not to mention, movies, games and TV.


As soon as we checked into our hotel we quickly got cleaned up and went to Roberto's taco shop to relieve our desperate cravings for carne asada anything! Audrey ordered the Carne Asada chips...




I had the burrito.... I tell you what, who ever said that NYC is the food capital of the world has never travelled to the western US and Hawaii. No where else in my travels have I ever found better mexican food out of mexico other than the American southwest... this is the truth!


The same night of our arrival we met with some friends who were also in town to go watch the Cirque de Soleil show, KA. Talk about visually stunning. It.was.amazing.

The following morning, Audrey and I got up early to go do a quick photoshoot of ourselves. It's tough being the subject and photographer at the same time.




















I must admit, Audrey and I are big time foodies. If there is a place to eat that we have never tried before, or is unavailable in NY, you can bet your booty, that we will be there. We had lunch with our friends at Goldilocks bakery and cafe... I love filipino food.


Kare-Kare... Oxtail and tripe in a peanut butter based stew. OMG!


That night we had dinner at Wazuzu located inside the Wynn Encore Resort. I must say the food was delish!
Seared Ahi anyone?


ha...ha...hamachi!


Sushi platter...


Tempura roll for the non adventerous sushi eaters.


Trout... I didn't get to try this bur Audrey said it was yummo.


This is Riela and her boyfriend Emil. Riela is like little sister to us. We love her to death! =)


Oh yes it's ladies night... oh what a night!






On our last morning before we flew out Audrey and I went for a short walk across the street from our hotel to the Bellagio to check it out.








After our little walk we packed our bags and said goodbye to our hotel room and headed out for breakfast at Jollibee, a fast food restaurant with a filipino twist.


Audrey had the fried chicken and spaghetti plate... wait what? Yeah, fried chicken and spaghetti. Don't knock it till you try it. one bite and you'll never buy fried chicken anywhere else... EVER!


I went for the hamburger steak with eggs and garlic fried rice.


Me and the bee.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. This post just made me sooooo hungry! LOL. all those delicious looking food pictures. What a fantastic anniversary trip! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

J. Castro Photography

Seeking Photographers? J. Castro Photography is the preeminent choice. Visit J. Castro Photography at OneWed.com & create a review of this wedding vendor.

Think OneWed.com when researching for strapless wedding dresses and bridal bouquets. Go ahead, explore our wedding planning tools, investigate honeymoon destinations or search 200,000 wedding photographers, caterers, wedding venues, florists & more!

Call me!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About Me

My photo
As an up and coming wedding photographer serving New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and much of the northeast, we at J. Castro Photography strive to capture the essence of your wedding in our images. For more information about our services, you can reach us at info@jcastrophotography.com
Best Wedding Blogs

Follow us on Facebook

© Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP